I Apologize In Advance


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Title Unbeknownst to Me

Really, I'm having complete uninspired writer's block right now. I guess I could tell you out there what terrible eye sight I have. I'm not sure what the ratio is (i.e. 20/20 or 15/20) but it's pretty bad. I mean, just to read what I'm typing here, situated about 1 or 2 feet from the screen, i have to squint my eyes, which actually doesn't do anything. Sure, it helps a little bit, but i can't read the words very clearly. I can't even begin to comprehend how I would survive without my contacts, or glasses, but i hate those. Even my contacts don't help a whole bunch. They just give my eyesight a boost big enough that I can read the board from the back of the classroom. Worse, my eyesight is slowly decreasing each and every year. I don't think you people with perfect vision will ever understand what it's like to feel blind, which i know I'm not. I just feel like i am. I should be grateful that i can see colors and shapes and peoples mouths moving and expressive hand gestures, but for now, i'm not. I'm a teenager, it comes with being in this weird rebellion stage of life. If i don't have what i want, I feel as if i'm being punished. I can't help it. Sorry for those of you that I'm offending, but i'm not going to lie.

Talking about lying, my friend, Allie, and I had an interesting conversation about how easy it is to lie today while waiting in the lunch line. We both discovered that we're both pretty bad at it, which is a good thing. Hallelujah! The only exception is that I am able to lie in "yes" or "no" questions. I mean, it's a fifty-fifty chance that i'm going to lie or tell the truth. It's not that hard. I'm sure most of you out there are a lot better at it than me. When i lie, i smile or end up laughing, because i feel like a complete idiot trying to lie to people. Oh, and eye contact isn't even impossible. That's why i only succeed when i'm sitting side by side with someone, and it takes too much effort to turn your head to stare at your friend. Plus, that can be awkward...staring at someone that close... unless, no. It's still awkward. I'm kind of glad I can't 100% lie. I mean, imagine what your life would be like if your closest friends lied to you. They wouldn't even be your close friends! So thank you, God, for giving us selfish humans guilty consciences. If you want to know, the last time i lied was two days ago. Guess what i lied about? I told the girl who sits next to me in Human Biology that i've eaten fugu before. If you don't know what fugu is, it's puffer-fish, served raw. Sadly, puffer-fish is poisonous, so the people who eat it are risking their lives each time they eat it. It's insane! Ha but if you think about it, each time you prepare fugu you would be pretty much be risking someone's life. Scary thought.

Um, yeah. Nothing else is popping up into my mind...so i'm going to stop. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment